UNDISCOVERED, UNDERUTILIZED AND UNDERGROUND TALENT.
.
.
.

Oct 22, 2010

MARY ALEXANDRA STIEFVATER


MARY ALEXANDRA STIEFVATER

Notes: One word: Bewitching. I first met Mary in my audition room for Speed-Dating. It was towards the end of the day and the Producers, Director and I were already pretty set on the actress we wanted for the role. Then, in walks Mary. Tall (check). Blond (check). Pretty & Charming (check, check). But could she act??? YES! The 'choices' she made for the character were not only hysterical, they were also refreshingly honest. When we arrived at the improv portion of the audition, I watched Miss Steifvater think and react on her toes like a pro. Not only was Mary unquestionably the best comedic actress for the role (and quickly joined the ranks among my Top 5 Up & Coming Comedic Actresses); I also discovered a year later in my acting workshop, that Mary's dramatic ability...MATCHED her comedic.

1 comment:

Kristina Lloyd said...

I just cast Mary Alexandra Stiefvater in a seriously dramatic role in DRIVING BY BRAILLE, and she blew my socks off! This girl is loaded with talent.

Kristina Lloyd, Director